Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Yes, I am here!

Muraho! I am so sorry that I have not posted. Internet is more scare than I had hoped. However, now that I am comfortable enough to make it to downtown Kigali by myself, I should be able to access more. I do not think I will be able to post pictures though because #1 the boy who lives in the house I am staying at accidentally erased all of my photos and #2 the connection is very slow!

Rwanda is beautiful. It truly is the land of one thousand hills. Unfortunately, the pollution in Kigali is quite awful, so my lungs are definitely adjusting. I feel like I have been smoking a pack a day...

I began teaching at Kacyiru Primary school yesterday. I teach four English lessons every day to P2 and P3 children. There is a total of 400 students, but I do not see them all everyday. Keep me in your thoughts becasue it is draining and not very rewarding. The children speak very little English and do not understand me. I have had to begin with the alphabet. I just hope that I can somehow leave a positive impact on these children and their teachers. The children are very kind and polite. All of the people are very wonderful.

My living situation is absolutely ideal. I live with Patrick, his two sisters and their four children, and Alex from FSU. I love having the children there! They are wonderful!

I will hopefully post soon! I love and miss you all very much! (and I greatly miss baked Cheetos)

2 comments:

  1. AWWW. We miss you! What an awesome experience you are having. Live it day by day and just enjoy each moment no matter how frustrating...we love you!

    Mally and Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad to be updated on your life!! keep up all your hard work hopefully it will pay off in the end... i miss you lots!!

    ReplyDelete