Monday, June 22, 2009

Dreams of baked cheetos...

Things have altogether been going very well! It turns out that I actually have about 800 students because half come in the morning and half in the afternoon. I teach 8 lessons each day. Last week was so frustrating, and I even found myself questioning my career choice. I was angry with myself for becoming frustrated with my students. However, this week is already looking up! I spoke with a TEFL professor, and she gave me some great pointers on working with children who don't speak any English. This mornings lessons went wonderfully, and I cannot wait to return this afternoon!

I finally got a bit sick, but luckily it was just during the weekend, and I feel recovered enough to teach this week. I did find myself missing comfort foods, like ginger ale, saltines, and mac & cheese. Last night, I dreamed of Baked Cheetos...but really, that is every night. I wish my mom would spend about $100+ and FedEx me a bag. :) I also got ever-so-slightly homesick, but it didn't last long! Sorry, I'm not ready to come home yet!!

I spent the weekend in Gitarama, where you can actually see the millions of stars that speckle our sky. It is the most beautiful sight. In Kigali, a thick layer of smog lays heavily on the city, so star gazing is not an option. I wish that I could post some picture for you to see because this country is truly the most beautiful place.

If you want to email me, please email macinrh@gmail.com because my Auburn email is too slow.

2 comments:

  1. I swear I posted a comment yesterday. Glad I came back to check.(:

    We miss you...I'll have a huge bag of Cheetos upon your retun!!!(: LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! thanks, julee! i miss you guys soo much! please tell the girls and kimbell that i cannot wait to see them when i get back!! those girls better not have grown up too much! :)

    ReplyDelete